Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Girl learns Spray Paint


  • So I didn't end up laying in the sun it was just too hot....I really preferred the June gloom we had thus far this summer. So here I now hide inside attached to the AC..

  • This is my Custom piece that I am doing for above a Girlies Cal King bed (we will call her Candi) She is a friend of a friend and had been noticing my art I would post on FB. And as easy as that, I am in the game. How awesome right? She requested Skulls, Stars and Wings. So Candi of course will get what she wants and I am along for the ride.
  • And I will admit the journey to achieving her likes has been a challenge.. One that has broken me out of my Girly Whimsical Style and made me include a skeleton head in my art, or as Justice calls it; "It's a PIRATE ME LAD." Which is something I don't think I would have ever done unless it was requested.
  • Her color requests were Gray, Black, Purple, and pink but not alot of Pink. Don't let me forget to mention that this is the first time using Spray Paint!
  • YES the very first, how hard could it be? This guy I have been hanging with does it. Sometimes he even gets paid to do it, he makes a living out of it (almost).
  • When I heard him speak of such wonderful outings and the freedom that a simple clankity clank can holds, I had to try it. And for a piece as big as my winged skull, I thought this be the perfect time. so while "he" was out of town, I purchased my first cans and went at it.
  • He told me to "black it out" , so i blacked it out and from that point on I was like a fish out of water.
    Oh and the stenciling that most tagger's use and cut themselves is an art form all in itself. One that I should have taken a class on..
  • So my new medium did'nt turn out to be as quick and easy as I had hoped for but the learning process is making me want more which is always good with a hobby.
  • I created a few layers of Black, yellow, purple, and a nude champagne kind of color and from there I drove 2 hours to meet up with the BF when his band was as local as they were going to get on their tour. with my Canvas in tote, oh size?! It measures...ahh. what am i doing talking about this rigght now...Remember!!! Craft Show! Like 7 days away! YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment